Check out our guide to West Linn’s Willamette Spray Park, a recirculating, interactive water playland for the toddler set.
Willamette Spray Park is located in West Linn’s Willamette Neighborhood, in secluded, tranquil Willamette Park. The exceptionally long, two-part water play area is engaging for toddlers. There are no obstructions on the spray pad, making it a particularly safe pad for even the youngest water enthusiasts.
The Willamette spray pad consists of two recirculating concrete pools with an interconnecting, L-shaped walkway. Water gently shoots and sprays from the floor of the pool. It’s cooling but tame. The 6-9 year-olds gravitate to more adventurous water play areas (Robinwood Spray Park).
There’s no depth of standing water, thus no danger from drowning. (But a nearby pond with spray feature kept me on alert while we were there.)
Willamette Spray Park is one of the most parent-friendly water play areas in Portland Metro.
Dappled shade from towering evergreens, sweet breezes from the Willamette River, and a good number of benches (and nearby picnic tables) make you want to lean back and stay for hours. The park is beautiful with long, scenic vistas everywhere you look. It’s the perfect place for a family picnic.
Remember: West Linn spray parks are geared toward the toddler set. Safety is the highest priority. Thus, no dogs, bikes, skateboards, or scooters are allowed in the water feature. (But no one objected to this Black Lab one very hot day when he was clearly in need of cooling.)
Willamette Spray Park: Just the Facts
- Season: Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend
- Hours: 10 a.m-9 p.m.
- Recommended Ages: 1-5
- Stress Factor: Low-medium. Because of the configuration of this spray pad, it’s easy to lose sight of your child if you aren’t paying close attention. You look up from your laptop, and they are no longer where they were a minute ago. So although the spray pad itself is safe, close attention is required.
- Bring: Sunscreen, sun hat, sun glasses, bathing suit, water sandals, beach towel, snack
- Getting There: Printable Map of West Linn City Parks
- Parking: Onsite
- Restrooms: Yes
- Drinking Fountain: Yes
- Seating: Plenty of nearby benches, but you might want to bring a beach chair for lounging
- Shade: Yes
- Not Allowed: Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, dogs
- More Information: West Linn Parks & Recreation Department at 503-557-4700
More on West Linn Spray Parks
Check out our guide to West Linn Spray Parks. Or click the links below for our personal guides to each of these fabulous spray parks, with photos, details, and maps for each one. Also check out our West Linn Neighborhood Guide.
Spray Parks in the News
- Playing in Portland: Willamette Park
- Portland Family Adventures: Willamette Park
- Lunde’s Modern Life: Willamette Park
- Metro Parents: Portland-Area Water Parks, Fountains, and Features
- Oregon Live: Things to Do in West Linn
- Oregon Live: Beat the Heat at Suburban Pools and Other Water Features
- Oregon Live: West Linn Opens Splash Parks Early with Temps Topping 80 Degrees
- West Linn Parks & Recreation: Sprayparks