If it’s late October in Portland and a 4-mile walk–with riotous panorama of majestic trees in every hue of golden yellow, flame orange and crimson red–is just what you need, head on over to the Laurelhurst and Kerns neighborhoods.
Interactive Route Map
Check out our interactive route map of Laurelhurst, Kerns & Laurelhurst Park Walking Loop.
Laurelhurst, Kerns & Laurelhurst Park Walking Loop
Join Women Who Walk for a guided tour of this remarkable nature refuge.
- Crema Coffee & Bakery (SE 28th Ave. & SE Ankeny St.)
- SE 28th Ave. | Head South
- SE Pine | East/Left
- Laurelhurst Park at SE 33rd Ave. | East into park, stay right on path
- Laurelhurst Park | Near eastern park boundary, head north, circling Firewood Lake
- SE Ankeny St. | East/Left
- NE 32nd | Right/North (crosses Burnside)
- NE Couch St. | Right/East
- NE Laurelhurst PL | Left/North (crosses E Burnside St.)
- NE Davis St. | Left/Southwest
- NE Floral Pl. | Right/North
- NE Imperial Ave. | Right/Southeast
- NE Hazelfern Pl. | Right/West
- NE Irving St. | Right/West (crosses Oregon Park)
- NE 28th Ave. | Left/South (crosses NE Glisan St. and E Burnside St.)
- Fifty Licks Ice Cream (SE 28th Ave. & E Burnside St.)
About 4 miles for the complete loop.
Two hours to walk the basic route, longer to explore Laurelhurst Park, watch the ducks on the pond, and enjoy the splendor of fall in the park and neighborhoods.
Mostly flat sidewalks and paved rolling walkways, with a grassy crossing at Oregon Park.
Easy, but good walking shoes are a must with Portland’s notoriously uneven sidewalks.
Coffee & Lunch
Best bets for coffee and pastries are nearby Crema Coffee & Bakery and
The SkyBlue Portland team hosts monthly group walks through some of Portland Metro’s most beautiful and interesting neighborhoods.
Laurelhurst, Kerns & Laurelhurst Park Photo Gallery
Click on any photo below for slideshow view.