The real estate world has changed. Have you noticed?
The old world was controlled by real estate agents who held the keys to the MLS, where most listings live. In the new world, buyers scour hundreds of MLS listings at hyper speed, becoming overloaded with the barrage of data and poor quality photos. The new world is such a different place that it’s sometimes difficult to make sense of it. Sort of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.
Related: Selling Your Home in Today’s Market
When it comes to selling your home today, the goal is to get the buyer to stop their internet search long enough to EXPERIENCE your home. This is where video marketing comes in.
When it comes to marketing just about anything, online video marketing is the single most effective way to reach and positively impact a potential home buyer today. According to Forrester Research, one minute of video has the same impact value as 1.8 million words, 1.8 million words equate to 3,600 web pages. Writing one web page an hour, it would take 150 days to achieve the impact of one video.
Video marketing increases interest in your home. If you’re not using video marketing in the sale of your home, you’re forfeiting a huge advantage to those who do.
Statistics show that nearly 169 million people watched home listing videos in 2012. At SkyBlue Portland, we want your Portland-area home to be featured on one of those videos. In an eMarketing survey of potential buyers and sellers, 70% preferred that their Realtor® had a YouTube channel; yet only 12% of Realtors® nationwide actually do. And SkyBlue Portland is in that elite group.
Video marketing is essential in today’s real estate market. We acknowledge and embrace the power of video. We create a custom video tour of your home. We also create videos for the various communities we serve, so that potential buyers can get a feel for the neighborhood in which your home is located. We aim for maximum exposure for your Portland area home.
Online video marketing is THE FUTURE of marketing. Here are some COMPELLING stats we collected from around the web.
Video Marketing Statistics
- Video is the fastest way to share information. It’s not just fast, it’s emotional and believable.
- One minute of video has the same impact value as 1.8 million words—which equates to 3,600 web pages. Writing one web page an hour, it would take 150 days to achieve the impact of one video.
- The average visitor spends 48 seconds on a website.
- The average visitor spends nearly 6 minutes on a website that has video.
- Properly optimized websites that include a video are 57% more likely to be on page one of Google.
- In a Google search, consumers are more likely to select a video result than a text result.
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%.
- As a marketing tool, video is 53 times more effective than text alone.
- 55% of marketers who use video in their email campaigns reported increased click-through rates.
- Email campaigns are 90% more effective when video is incorporated.
- 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blog integration.
- Video is used by more than 50% of online marketers today.
- Nearly 169 million people watched home listing videos in 2012.
- 84.4% of the US internet audience watched a video online in May 2012.
- 188.5 million Americans watched 46.7 billion online content videos in August 2013. Real-time video sharing will increase in 2014 with micro video apps like Vine and Instagram video.
- By 2016, internet video will represent more than 54 percent of all internet traffic.
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016.
- Globally, online video traffic will be 55% of all internet traffic in 2016.
- By 2017, internet video will represent more than 86 percent of all internet traffic.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine, behind Google.
- YouTube has 3 billion video views per day.
- More than 1 billion users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos.
- 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- Since 2009, video traffic from mobile devices has increased 5000%.
- Video viewers on a smartphone reached 51 million in 2012.
- In an eMarketing survey of potential buyers and sellers, 70% preferred that their realtor had a YouTube channel; yet only 12% of realtors nationwide actually do.
Video marketing is an important facet of our marketing strategy for the sale of your home. We’d love to work with you to maximize your sale price and minimize the time it takes to sell your home. Get the full picture with our Guide to Selling Your Home.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2013-2018 | Cisco
- Online Video Stats: What Percentage of Internet Traffic is Video? | Stat Spotting
- Social Media & Video Statistics for 2014 | VirtuallyInSync | YouTube
Copyright 2014 Susan S. Bradley. All rights reserved.