Why? Because you can change a lot about a home, but you can’t change the neighborhood.
This week’s Home of the Week is in the lovely Waluga neighborhood of Lake Oswego, and it’s a wonderful craftsman-style townhome.
The mature tree canopy throughout the neighborhood and the stream corridor along Daniel Way and Mercantile Drive give the neighborhood natural beauty and a lovely rural character. Meandering pathways add to the sense of place and provide safe and enjoyable pedestrian and bicycle byways.
As of 2013, Waluga has 1,682 residents (4.6% of Lake Oswego population), and encompasses 211 acres (2.9% of Lake Oswego acreage). Waluga has 701 residential units, 56% of which are rentals. The average home price is $220,083, well below the Lake Oswego average home price of $29,600. The average year built is 1976.
NOTE Data compiled from Waluga Neighborhood Association.
- Location, Location, Location: Waluga is just minutes from all the amenities and extensive parks of Lake Oswego and West Linn, and only a short hop (19 minutes) to downtown Portland.
- Outdoor Paradise: Waluga is home to East Waluga Park, 53 acres of active and natural outdoor areas. Waluga Park East includes two lighted little-league fields and an engaging playground area. It also has a covered shelter with six picnic tables, three barbeques, lights, electricity, and nearby restrooms. The park is the site of an old working quarry and an inactive volcano.
- Award Winning Schools: Lake Grove Elementary School, Lake Oswego Junior High School, and widely revered Lake Oswego High School.
- Family Living: Homes in this neighborhood are built for active families and well maintained. Home styles range from mid-century ranch to modern two-story.
- Large Lots: Many homes have larger lots.
- Retail Center: Lake Grove Village Plaza is anchored by the decidedly upscale market, Zupan’s, and given extra appeal by eateries such as La Provence and Jefe. For your convenience, there is also Starbucks and Rite-Aid.
- Neighborhood Association: A highly active Neighborhood Association, which works hard to preserve the park’s trees and the natural resources of the entire neighborhood.
Homes for Sale in Waluga
Homes for sale in Waluga today run from $174,900 on the low end to $435,000 on the high end. Actually, there are only three homes for sale today in Waluga, two townhomes and one condo.
Our Waluga Home of the Week is a craftsman-style luxury townhome with plenty of curb appeal and distinctive, high-end detailing. We love the custom kitchen and bathrooms. (Where did they get that cabinetry?) A stylish home in a top-notch neighborhood for a modest price. And the setting in coveted Trillium Woods, on the edge of East Waluga Park is country perfect. Add the fact that your new home is just minutes from the ultra-cool Lake Grove Village Plaza–and what are you waiting for?
We’d love to show you this one-of-a-kind home. Call us at 503-936-3373. We’ll buy the lattes. 🙂
- City & Zip: Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035
- Address: 4677 OAKRIDGE RD
- Neighborhood: Waluga
- Price: $424,900
- Size: 1738 SF
- Listing ID: #14529653
Waluga Homes for Sale
- This Home for Sale in Waluga
- All Homes for Sale in Waluga
Tell Me More