In the first quarter of 2014, 219 homes were sold in Forest Heights—more than any other neighborhood in Portland or Portland Metro.
- Location, Location, Location: Forest Heights encompasses 601 acres on the West Slope of the West Hills. It’s a hidden oasis just ten minutes from the hustle-bustle of downtown and only a little further to the Intel campus.
- Outdoor Wonderland: With seven walking trails through 200+ acres of common space, nature is just outside your front door. Mill Pond Park is home to over 10 acres and includes the historic Mill Pond, walking trails, playgrounds and wildlife. Forest Heights Park encompasses almost three acres and includes grassed areas and a play park.
- Gracious Living: Beautiful, award-winning landscape design throughout the common areas, all meticulously maintained.
- Stunning Views: Forest Heights offers stunning sunset views over the west hills and the coastal mountain range.
- Newer Homes: Most of the estate-style homes in this neighborhood were built in the past 25 years.
- No Cookie Cutters: Unlike some of the newer developments in Portland Metro, homes in Forest Heights boost distinctive, differentiated styles. No one builder has put its stamp on the neighborhood. You’ll find grand estate styles with plenty of brick and stone detailing, plus Northwest, modern, English manor, traditional, federal, and New England style homes. The thing they have in common is a look of luxury and gracious living.
- Large Lots: Many homes have desirable larger lots.
- Community Shuttle: Forest Heights provides a weekday community shuttle service to and from SW Sunset Highway.
- Housing Mix: Forest Heights contains 1126 single family home lots, 684 high density residential units in 14 self-maintained sub-associations, and 160 apartments.
- Resident Mix: Families, couples, and singles mix it up in this neighborhood with its diversity of larger homes and smaller townhomes, condominiums, and apartments.
- Award Winning Schools: Forest Park Elementary, West Sylvan Middle, and widely revered Lincoln High School.
- Retail Center: Village Center provides neighborhood necessities, such as a grocery store, fitness center, pizza shop, coffee shop, medical services, real estate services, dry cleaning services, and nail services.
- Homeowners Association: A highly active Homeowner’s Association, which manages 215 acres of common area, including 6 miles of trails, a park, and a playground. It also provides extensive landscaping and maintains 11 entrance monuments.
Home prices today in Forest Heights run from $260,000 on the low end to $1,675,000 on the high end. Larger executive homes tend to dominate the inventory, with many homes in the 3,000-5,000 square foot range.
Distinctive homes are loaded with custom built-ins, professionally landscaped, and in pristine condition. You won’t find any bargain fixer-uppers or cookie-cutter homes here. This week there are 73 homes for sale in Forest Heights, and 16 of them are priced above $1,000,000.
Our Home of the Week is brand spanking new and considering its size (3,935 SF) and considerable custom amenities, it’s well priced at $929,000. We fell in love with the three-level floor plan, amazing DOUBLE kitchen, incredible woodwork details, outdoor fire pit, and covered outdoor kitchen. This home is truly an entertainer’s dream come true.
City & Zip: Portland, Oregon 97229
Address: 8635 NW SAVOY LN
Neighborhood: Forest Heights
Size: 3935 SF
Listing ID: #13086050
Forest Heights Homes for Sale
- This Home for Sale in Forest Heights
- All Homes for Sale in Forest Heights
Tell Me More