At SkyBlue Portland, we understand that buying or selling a home can be stressful. But it doesn’t have to be!
Here are six actionable steps you can take to help make the process a whole lot easier.
Six Easy Steps to Buying or Selling a Home
- Know your agent! Shopping for a home is the biggest purchase you may ever make. To avoid the common pitfalls, it makes sense to establish a relationship with a knowledgeable realtor before making an offer.
- Understand all the costs involved. Talk to your realtor and lender and make sure you understand all costs upfront.
- If you’re selling a home, take a close look at the marketing package your listing broker provides. Effective marketing can make a significant difference on speed of sale, as well as final sell price.
- Enlist a top-notch lender and get pre-approved before you list your home or start looking at homes. Turn in all your paperwork beforehand and ensure that your lender processes your file through underwriting. That way there are no surprises!
- Define your motivating factors. Why are you buying or selling? What factors are most important to you and your family?
- Have a general understanding of market conditions. Knowing what the real estate market trends are at the time you are selling or purchasing can help you prepare for what’s ahead.
Take is easy! Buying or selling a home can be stressful, but with the right team on your side, you’ll be relaxing in your new digs in no time.
Copyright 2019 Rachel E. Bradley. All rights reserved.