Tanner Creek Spray Park is nestled in the heart of West Linn’s Parker Crest Neighborhood, in spacious Tanner Creek Park. The water play area is engaging for toddlers with its variety of spray features and several low boulders to hang on to or clamor over.
The Tanner Creek spray pad consists of a recirculating concrete pool with water jets that gently shoot and spray from the floor of the pool. There’s only an inch or two of standing water at the top of the drain cycle, thus little danger from drowning. It’s a safe spray pad for even the youngest toddlers.
Tanner Creek Spray Park wins the supervising parent vote with several benches situated close to the action around the pad. Dappled shade from nearby trees and neighborhood moms who all seem to know each other make you want to bring a tall iced latte and make a friend or two.
Remember: West Linn spray parks are geared toward the toddler set. Safety is the highest priority. Thus, no dogs, bikes, skateboards, or scooters are allowed in the water feature.
Tanner Creek Spray Park: Just the Facts
- Season: Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend
- Hours: 10 a.m-9 p.m.
- Recommended Ages: 1-5
- Stress Factor: Low. You have full view of your toddler at all times. Plus, this unchallenging pad is seldom overrun with older, more rambunctious kids.
- Bring: Sunscreen, sun hat, sun glasses, bathing suit, water sandals, beach towel, snack
- Getting There: Printable Map of West Linn City Parks
- Parking: Onsite
- Restrooms: Yes
- Drinking Fountain: Yes
- Seating: Plenty of benches surrounding the pad
- Shade: Yes
- Not Allowed: Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, dogs
- More Information: West Linn Parks & Recreation Department at 503-557-4700
More on West Linn Spray Parks
Check out our complete guide to West Linn Spray Parks. Or click the links below for our personal guides to each of these fabulous spray parks, with photos, details, and maps for each. Also check out our West Linn Neighborhood Guide.
Spray Parks in the News
- KATU: Portland Parks Series: The Top Spots to Cool Off
- Metro Parent: It’s Splash Time
- Metro Parents: Portland-Area Water Parks, Fountains, and Features
- Oregon Live: Things to Do in West Linn
- Oregon Live: Beat the Heat at Suburban Pools and Other Water Features
- Oregon Live: West Linn Opens Splash Parks Early with Temps Topping 80 Degrees
- West Linn Parks & Recreation: List of Parks with Map, Amenities & Addresses
- West Linn Parks & Recreation: Sprayparks
- West Linn Music in the Park 2014