Your guide to every cooling spray park in Portland Metro. Plus, our interactive, regularly updated map. Let’s get wet.
Due to mounting health concerns around standing water, most Portland Metro wading pools were decommissioned years ago.
Thankfully, many of them were reengineered, creating an entirely new category of recirculating water play. And voila! The spray park was born.
If you have a youngster (between two and eight years old), you’ll keep them cool and happy all summer long with Portland Metro’s 39 entertaining water play parks.
And although parents should keep close tabs on their kids at these parks, there’s little danger of drowning in 1-2 inches of recirculating water, which is typical for these features.
What to Expect
Check each spray park website for season, hours, and rules, as these may vary. Here are a few general guidelines that apply to most local spray parks.
- Season: Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend
- Hours: 10 a.m-9 p.m.
- Recommended Ages: 2-8
- Bring: Sunscreen, sun hat, sun glasses, bathing suit, water sandals, beach towel, water, snack
- Not Allowed: Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, dogs
Get the Map
Check out our thoroughly researched, regularly updated map to all the engaging, innovation splash pads in and around Portland Oregon.
Portland Splash Pads & Spray Parks
If you live in Portland proper and have a youngster, there’s nothing like these fabulous splash pads for summer fun.
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain
- Director Park
- Elizabeth Caruthers Park
- Salmon Street Springs Waterfront Park
Portland Metro Splash Pads & Spray Parks
When it comes to splash pads and spray parks, Portland Metro has some of the best in the region. Nearly every Portland Metro community has at least one water play park. And family-friendly West Linn is a standout with its winsome variety of water parks for the toddler set.
- Conestoga Recreation Center (pay park)
- No spray parks
- No spray parks
Looking for more family-friendly fun in Portland Metro? Check out these resources:
- Ultimate Guide to Summer in Portland | Portland Mom’s Blog
- Portland with Kids | Travel Portland
- 40 Ideas for a Totally Portland Summer | PDX Parent
- 20+ Ideas for Family Fun in Portland | Portland Monthly
Copyright 2017 Susan S. Bradley. All rights reserved.