Hammerle Spray Park is located in West Linn’s historic Bolton Neighborhood, in lovely Hammerle Park. Nestled in nearly 6 acres of shaded play space–including picnic shelter, tennis court, and ball fields–Hammerle Park offers activities for kids of all ages.
The Hammerle spray pad consists of a recirculating concrete pool with several vertical and three horizontal columns for interest. Water jets spray from the columns, as well as from the floor of the pool.
There’s plenty of room for the toddler set to run between the columns and no depth of standing water, so we give this spray pad high marks for general safety. It’s an especially good introductory water play space for wobbly younger toddlers.
On the other hand, there’s not much challenge or thrill with this spray pad. Older kids may be bored.
Caveats: Our perennial complaint for most spray parks across Portland and Portland Metro is that they don’t consider the needs of accompanying parents.
Hammerle Park is unfortunately not the exception here. There is not enough seating and no tables around the spray pad. If you plan to stay awhile, bring a folding lounge chair. Parking is close by, so you won’t need to lug it far.
Also, there is no food concession nearby, so we recommend that you bring snacks and cold drinks. Water play builds up quite an appetite.
Remember: West Linn spray parks are geared toward the toddler set. Safety is the highest priority. Thus, no dogs, bikes, skateboards, or scooters are allowed in the water feature.
Hammerle Spray Park: Just the Facts
- Season: Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend
- Hours: 10 a.m-9 p.m.
- Recommended Ages: 1-5
- Stress Factor: Low, because area is contained, vision is not obstructed, water action is unadventurous and predictable, and older kids tend to go elsewhere
- Bring: Sunscreen, sun hat, sun glasses, bathing suit, water sandals, beach towel, snack
- Getting There: Printable Map of West Linn City Parks
- Parking: Onsite
- Restrooms: Yes
- Drinking Fountain: Yes
- Seating: Sparse, bring a beach chair
- Shade: Yes
- Not Allowed: Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, dogs
- More Information: West Linn Parks & Recreation Department at 503-557-4700
More on West Linn Spray Parks
Check out our complete guide to West Linn Spray Parks. And click the links below for our personal guides to each of these fabulous spray parks, with photos, details, and maps for each one.
Spray Parks in the News
- Active Rain: West Linn, Oregon Parks – Hammerle Park
- Hammerle Park Facility Detail
- KidzList: Hammerle Park
- West Linn Parks & Recreation: Hammerle Park
- KATU: Portland Parks Series: The Top Spots to Cool Off
- Metro Parent: It’s Splash Time
- Metro Parents: Portland-Area Water Parks, Fountains, and Features
- Oregon Live: Things to Do in West Linn
- OregonLive: Beat the Heat at Suburban Pools and Other Water Features
- OregonLive: West Linn Opens Splash Parks Early with Temps Topping 80 Degrees
- West Linn Parks & Recreation: Sprayparks